> I can't say ... what is missing? Can you figure out what makes Zathura unhappy?

I run gdb with breakpoint set on zathura/synctex.c:86 and while
`synctex_get_input_line_column` returns true, `input_file` is `NULL` so the
"else" branch is executed. That is all I managed to debug, I don't know how I
could step into the SyncTeX function.

> here with
>
> \starttext
> Hello, world!
> \stoptext
>
> i get
>
> SyncTeX Version:1
> Input:1:oeps.tex
> Output:pdf
> Magnification:1000
> Unit:1
> X Offset:0
> Y Offset:0
> Content:
> !103
> {1
> [0,0:0,0:0,0,0
> v0,0:0,55380990:39158276,55380990,0
> h1,6:4661756,9176901:4275840,655360,327680
> ]
> !104
> }1
> !8
> Postamble:
> Count:3
> !22
> Post scriptum:
>
> (also with context --synctex oeps)

For me it generated a slightly smaller file:

> SyncTeX Version:1
> Input:1:/home/nawordar/projects/zathura/build/oeps.tex
> Output:pdf
> Magnification:1000
> Unit:1
> X Offset:0
> Y Offset:0
> Content:
> !141
> {1
> [0,0:0,0:0,0,0
> v0,0:0,55380990:39158276,55380990,0
> ]
> !61
> }1
> !7
> Postamble:
> Count:2
> !22
> Post scriptum:

Similarly to previous examples, `mtxrun --script synctex --list oeps.synctex`
only showed me that much:

```
mtx-synctex     | begin page: 1
mtx-synctex     | end page: 1
```

When I executed it on your SyncTeX file, it showed one line more:

```
mtx-synctex     | begin page: 1
mtx-synctex     |   [  71  135  136  149] :     6 : oeps.tex
mtx-synctex     | end page: 1
```

Still, with both files Zathura gave me the same error :/. It is really weird
though, that ConTeXt generated a different SyncTeX file for me for the same
exact file and command.

The versions of ConTeXt and SyncTeX:

```
$ synctex help
This is SyncTeX command line utility, version 1.5
usage: synctex <subcommand> [options] [args]
Synchronize TeXnology command-line client, version 1.21

$ context --version
mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 1.04
```

> btw, the script approach permits two way sync, so in texshop one can go from pdf to source and source to pdf

Could you send me the exact commands for that? I can't get any meaningful
output from `mtxrun --script synctex` either. It always prints me just an
empty line. All the options described in usage look like they are for going to
source code.

[1]: https://github.com/pwmt/zathura/blob/9bc3e9bfafc11a526b6f94d62b8da5ac209f6da0/zathura/synctex.c#L86