On 10/11/2021 11:33 AM, mf via ntg-context wrote:
It looks like the argument of \getmarking is not expanded, since you get "\it knuth" instead of an italicized "knuth" in the headers of this MWE:

\definemarking[myheader]
\setupheadertexts[{\getmarking[myheader][last]}]
\starttext
   \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{knuth}\marking[myheader]{\it knuth}\par}
\stoptext
we switched to the new marking code; i'll sent you a file to test

fyi: in mkii/mkiv we had to work around limitations of mark synchronization and in mkiv that went even further; in lmtx we can use some new engine features so the whole lot could be simplified, which should also perfoem a little better; it means that mark content follows a bit different route