Bruce,
I think what the Amine is referring to with "render" is running the code
through an external program, and including the result of that external process
in your document. Something like this:
The result of 1 + 1 is \pythoncode{1 + 1}

The filter module can be used to execute the pythoncode include the result in
your context document. So, you'll end up with:
The result of 1 + 1 is 2

Denis