On 11/14/2021 12:26 AM, skyhorse--- via ntg-context wrote:

Here is the minium not-working example which I took from the Wikigarden a few
minutes ago.

\def\T#1{%
   \startitemize[#1,joinedup]
     \item This is a bullet of type #1.
   \stopitemize
}

\starttext
   \dorecurse{9}{\T\recurselevel}
\stoptext

Compiling this into a pdf file with context produces an error.
I've pasted the complete context typesetting run to show the error, in hopes
that it will shed some light on what's wrong with my setup.   I have a feeling
that the stand along install is missing some vital part of the installation
regarding fonts, and that it's not noticed by the majority of you since those
items are still on your system from legacy versions.
nornally it means that you have no math font loaded (i.e. you do something before \starttext