On Tue, 16 Nov 2021, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد via ntg-context wrote:

> Dear gang,
>
> For creating/authoring content in ConTeXt: Can modes or the like be used
> for content control? For example, someone wants to write at least two
> versions of a book managed from a single file. So, e.g., we may have
>
> a) abridged content
> b) unabridged content - includes a)
> c) abridged content + translation
> d) unabridged content + translation
> [:]
>
> One can author and organize this in XML - pre-ConteXt - but perhaps one
> prefers to write in ConTeXt (take advantage of shortcuts etc.). So maybe
>
> \defineparagraphs[unabridged]
> \defineparagraphs[abridged]
> \defineparagraphs[translation]
>
> Then one authors the complete work in a single project, but you can
> produce a variety of versions, depending on the mode chosen:
>
> \definemode[unabridged]
> etc.
>
> Can one do this in context?

Yes!

This is what I do (for solutions in homework assignments):

\definebuffer[solution][local=yes,nested=yes]

\startmode[solution]
\defineenumeration[solution][....fancy setup...]
\stopmode

Then, in the main tex file:

\startsolution
\stopsolution

By default, gives the version without solution. Compile with --mode=solution to
get the version with solution. The same thing should work in your case by
defining two modes: unabridged and translation. And then use
--mode=unabridged,translate etc to get multiple modes.

Aditya
  • [NTG-con... Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد via ntg-context
    • Re:... Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
      • ... Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد via ntg-context
        • ... Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
          • ... Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد via ntg-context
            • ... Taco Hoekwater via ntg-context
            • ... Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
              • ... Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد via ntg-context
        • ... Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
          • ... Hans Hagen via ntg-context