Von: Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.li...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 27. November 2021 18:11
An: mailing list for ConTeXt users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>; Denis Maier via
ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: jean-philippe....@centralesupelec.fr; Maier, Denis Christian (UB)
<denis.ma...@unibe.ch>
Betreff: Re: [NTG-context] Have a cell span multiple columns with tabulate

Denis Maier via ntg-context schrieb am 27.11.2021 um 17:45:

Bonjour Jean-Philippe

Thank you for your response. That sounds very promising. I don’t remember why I
didn’t use natural tables when I’ve started setting things up for this journal.
I think I’d might have had something to do with tables that break across pages.
(At least, this is what https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tables_Overview
currently says: extremetables are said to be better when page breaking is
involved.)
Have you ever noticed problems in that area?

Hans added a short while ago a span feature to tabulate but it works only for
simple tables (e.g. single line cells).

You mean every cell has to be a single line cell? Or the ones where this span
features applies ? That would be enough for me – at least ATM.
How does that feature work? I couldn’t find information about it.

A big feature of tabulate is that cells can be split at page breaks while cells
in natural tables and extreme tables are limited to a single page.

Yes, that sounds like the reason for using tabulate back then.

Wolfgang