Am 28.11.21 um 19:39 schrieb Fabrice L via ntg-context:
I have an error when I try to insert a block inside a conditional mode (but there is two nested conditional mode.. is this the problem ?).

You can’t nest modes in \startmode ... \stopmode.
I don’t know what are the limitations of \doifmode.

Maybe it helps to use additional grouping with {}, \bgroup .. \egroup or \start .. \stop.

In my courses notes, I insert some blocks (named «  Complement » in the minimal exemple below) when in « Professor » mode. This works fine, as shown in the first «  \beginComplement … \endComplement  » of my example below.

Maybe you can work with buffers or (ConTeXt) blocks (the latter were recently discussed here, it’s a quite unknown mechanism).

Hraban