Hans Hagen wrote:
> Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>
>> - I can't include blank lines in \startlilypond...\stoplilypond,
>>  because in the buffer I will get a \par for that.  There is
>>  probably some easy way around this, but I haven't found the
>>  idiom yet.
>>

> redefine par -)

 Won't help, since the \par in there is never evaluated.  I need to stop
it being generated in the first place.  I guess I probably should change
\catcode`\^^M and \catcode`\^^J before reading the contents.

>> - Currently, the whole generation only works with shell_escape=t.
>>  Is there a way to use the automp mechanism for other external
>>  programs, such as lilypond, as well?  It would also save quite
>>  some time to only typeset each piece of music only once.
>>

> \startmode[*first] % \v!first
>
> \stopmode
>
> (or: \doifmode ... )

 That would solve the second problem, assuming I insert a counter (which
for the first problem would be needed anyway).  But is there a way to
tell texexec to run this and that between the TeX runs?

>> - When typesetting a longer block, I'd like to tell lilypond
>>  how much space there is left on the first page, to have music
>>  break across pages smoothly with the text.
>>

> hm, rougly \pagegoal-\pagetotal-\whateverdistanceneeded

 I know.  This is a problem on the lilypond side: How do I tell that
program to leave the first 13.42cm of the first page blank?

regards,
        Christopher