On 12/24/21 1:48 PM, Denis Maier via ntg-context wrote:
Anyway, I agree that a solution via hierarchy levels would be nice.

That's what I'm hoping to achieve. I'm not familiar enough with low-level ConTeXt to do something like this but it seems like it ought to be possible.

You don't do that. If you provide default a default sectionlevel scheme, you'll know what toc:2 means. If a user uses a different scheme provided via #+Context_Section_Levels you can use that to adjust the meaning of toc:2. But if a user uses the default setting toc:2 should be fine. Does that make sense?

I understand. The issue I see is that this introduces a coupling between section structure and table of contents that could be confusing for users, and also makes the interface more complicated by adding another keyword.

I am trying to take advantage of the flexibility of ConTeXt for most of the configuration, because a user is more likely to be familiar with ConTeXt than with my specific elisp module.

Jason