Thanks, Hans, for the answer, but I'm not sure if I get the point.

While this is possible in ConTeXt:

\startsection[title={My Title}]

\beginMyBlock
bla bla
\endMyBlock

\stopsection

The following won't work (end of file error):

\startMyCommand[optional={Maybe}]

\beginMyBlock
bla bla
\endMyBlock

\stopMyCommand

I had hoped for a simple command/modifier like
\pleaseacceptblocks\def\startMyCommand[#1]#2\stopMyCommand  to have #2 work in
a similar way.

But maybe, as Wolfgang stated here
(https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg73956.html), buffers and
blocks can't be used in commands. (To add: Even when passed as arguments during
compilation?)

Many Thanks again!

Benjamin