Hi,

> Le 2 janv. 2022 à 21:26, Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> a écrit :
>
> First of all : Happy New Year everybody (despite some difficulties due to
> public policies against the epidemic !
>
> Now my question : I want to try CTX (ConTeXt  ver: 2021.12.30) on MacOS X
> (currently 10.13  High Sierra), while I was formerly working with old
> versions on Linux and Windows based systems. Among other difficulties (like
> how to export OSFONDIR permanently), I don’t find the clever command .
> setuptex, which made possible a bunch of other commands (like context —make
> and context —generate). Even if a lot of things on MacOS X seem to share with
> Unix-like systems, I am looking for detailed documentation concerning a well
> done installation of CTX on MacOS X.
> Thank you very much for your help !
> JP

On MacOS, I usually follow with success this page of the wiki :
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installing_ConTeXt_LMTX_on_MacOS

Regarding modules, on MacOS, the script described here (again on the wiki)
works well for me:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#ConTeXt_LMTX

Finally, I use TexPad as my context/metafun editor, and if you need some help
to set it up, I can describe my setup in details.
Fabrice.