On 1/14/2022 8:10 PM, Gavin via ntg-context wrote:
Hi List,

I solved this problem, but the solution is a bit mysterious to me. I was trying
to solve another problem – removing the small space underneath the graphic in
the framed box. I did this by adding boffset=-\strutdepth to the framed
command. That not only got rid of the space inside the frame, it also removed
the excess space between the rows in the itemize columns!

I don’t know why this fix solved both problems, but I’m happy with the result.
Now I can use options for the choices – like packed and joinedup – with
consistent results for any number of columns. I’ve put the fixed code and
output below, for anyone who is interested.

Even when I’m a bit confused, I’m glad to be working with ConTeXt rather than
any other system!

% your hack:

\define[1]\mycolordot{\def\mycolor{#1}\framed[location=top,offset=0pt,boffset=-\strutdepth,xframe=off]{\useMPgraphic{name}}}

% but ... you just don't want struts

\define[1]\mycolordot{\def\mycolor{#1}\framed[location=top,offset=0pt,strut=no,frame=off]{\useMPgraphic{name}}}

% and no offset but also no invisible frame

\define[1]\mycolordot{\def\mycolor{#1}\framed[location=top,offset=overlay,frame=off]{\useMPgraphic{name}}}

playing with framed for a while alway spays back