On 1/25/2022 8:28 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:

Ah, of course. So “normalization” to some ruler’s shoe size was already progress.

I'm not that sure if shoes are really standardized (or fashion in general ... bachotex polish xxl differs from us xxl and dutch xxl and ...
 i think that napoleon sort of forced the netherlands to standardize

times (clocks) were definitely different per city

i remember reading that for instance when the car industry needed oarts and there were more suppliers needed it were the supliers who standardized measured (bolts and nuts)

thinking of it: we used to have standardized batteries and film rolls (cameras) but the world definitely degraded in that area: camera and phone and laptop batteries are the new 'foot' and 'finger'