On 2/19/2022 4:59 PM, Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context wrote:
Dear list,

I'm using the typeface Neacademia Text, and I'm trying to configure it to the specifics of the Serbian language. I want to replace the usual form of the lowercase cyrillic letter BE with the traditional Serbian form. I opened the font file in Font Forge and looked up the glyph info. Here is what I tried and what failed:

\startluacode
fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature {
name = "besub",
type = "substitution",
data = {
["uni0431"] = "uni0431.SRB.alt"
}
}
\stopluacode

\definefontfeature[default]
   [mode=node,kern=yes,
   liga=yes,dlig=yes,
   calt=yes,ss03=yes,
   case=yes,ccmp=yes,
   locl=yes,script=cyrl,language=srb,
   besub=yes]

No luck using hex codes either:

\startluacode
fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature {
name = "besub",
type = "substitution",
data = {
[0x1ab] = 0x3f8
}
}
\stopluacode"uni0431"

Interestingly the single substitutions from page 175 of the fonts manual seem to work just fine.
Any help is appreciated.
hard to say but you enabel quite some features so probably uni0431 is already replaced .. maybe

    prepend = true,

helps