On 3/10/2022 4:59 PM, mf via ntg-context wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to add new templates (xmlsetups) from the XML document itself.

See the attached MWE.

- the XML document is a simple XHTML file

- in the "head" element there's a "script" element with the "type" attribute set to "text/vnd.context", whose contents are then passed to \xmlcontext

- the "body" element has a "data-xmlsetups" attribute whose value should tell which xmlsetups is to be applied on the body contents (it's defined in the "script" element above)

If it worked, the resulting PDF should show the body element, followed by a "Hello world!" paragraph written in red. But it does not work, because there's something I'm missing in the redefinition and application of xmlsetups.

To try the MWE, type:

context --environment=nested-xmlsetup.tex --forcexml nested-xmlsetup.xhtml
    <script type="text/vnd.context">
      \startxmlsetups myHtml
       \xmlsetsetup{#1}{p}{myHtml:p}
       % you're missing this