> On 12 Apr 2022, at 21:04, Keith McKay <mckaymeis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All
> I created the symbolic link as suggested by Bruce and Luis and still got the
> error message
>
> optional        > unable to locate library 'libzint'
>
> in my text editor. I use TeXworks. However, I thought I would try running
> from the Terminal app and it worked. It found libzint and output the pdf with
> both barcodes and the qrcode. I have no idea why it works in the Terminal and
> not TexWorks, I'm guessing I have a path issue which I need to investigate.

Could be a path issue - or some other environment variable. This link should
help you decide what needs to go where:
<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/71253/what-should-shouldnt-go-in-zshenv-zshrc-zlogin-zprofile-zlogout>

> Notes
> 1) My machine is a mac-mini-M1 with macos Monterey and I'm running the latest
> ConTeXt version
> 2) Bruce noted that my Homebrew was installed in a non-standard location so I
> checked on the Hombrew website and it is installed in opt/homebrew for Apple
> Silicon i.e the M1 chip. Maybe Bruce's homebrew was installed on an earlier
> version.

Ah, I'm on an Intel Mac which still uses the old approach. Apologies for the
red herring.

> Thanks to Luis and Bruce for their suggestions.
> Best Wishes
> Keith McKay

—
Bruce Horrocks