Hi there
I have a quick question:

I was successful to install and use a new font in LMTX (New Computer Modern).
All good except that I’d like to use the »Book« variant instead of the
»Regular« variant (NewCM10-Book.otf vs NewCM10-Regular.otf). Trying many ways
but the right one.

please advise,
can I define something similar like \bf for bold — maybe \bk for book?

… all I get is

hp@mbp16 ~ % pdffonts page1.pdf
name                                 type              encoding         emb sub
uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ---------------- --- ---
--- ---------
CRBMBE+NewCM10-Regular               CID Type 0C       Identity-H       yes yes
yes      1  0

my definitions are:

\definefontfamily [newCM] [rm] [newcomputermodern10]
\definefontfamily [newCM] [ss] [newcomputermodernsans10]
\definefontfamily [newCM] [tt] [newcomputermodernmono10] [scale=0.85,
features=none]
\definefontfamily [newCM] [mm] [newcomputermodernmath]
\setupbodyfont[newCM, rm, 10pt]

Many thanks
Heinrich