Hi list,

In an attempt to make a dictionary interactive in certain ways, perhaps I am misusing the \in{}[] command here, but sometimes a reference works and sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea why it doesn't. Here is the situation:

Each dictionary entry is a section that has been defined as 'entry', hence we have a \startentry[title=,marking=,reference=]...\stopentry structure. Many entries can refer to other entries in the dictionary (in most cases the headword is in Italian, but the definitions, explanations are in English in all cases). in 90% of cases my referencing is working, so here is an example of one that works when \setupinteraction[state=start] is set:

\startentry[title={1aetà},marking={1aetà},reference={eta}]\\

1. youth. 2. first age. {\emnp.} \bullet\enspaceThe age between adolescence and maturity and by extension all of the human being’sfirst age (as opposed to old age).

Different cultures distinguish} age groupings in different ways. One would be unlikely to find, in English, terms like first age, second age etc. as recorded here. In fact there are probably only three general groupings in English: young, middle-aged, elderly, and the boundaries are rather flexible for these. Among the young category, English might distinguish infants, children, adolescents young adults. \rightarrow\enspace \in{giovani}[giovani]

\stopentry

In other words, there is an entry called 'giovani' and it begins \startentry[title={giovani},marking={giovani},reference={giovani}]. That correctly gives me a bold green clickable link which takes me to 'giovani'. There is no number or page reference involved. I simply want the link to take me to the entry concerned.

But it does not always work. I have another entry called 'ad nutum' (Latin, not Italian in this case) with a reference to 'segretario' many pages on. I am absolutely sure I have the reference for segretario properly set up, both in its own entry and by calling it as I did for 'giovani', namely this time as \in{segretario}[segretario] but it is not recognized. This is not the only non-working case. There are several.

Can anyone give me a hint as to what I might be doing wrong? I realise that usually these references call on page numbers or section numbers, but I don't want/need (or do I?) to use those. I simply the reader to be able to click on a hyperlink which takes them to the referenced entry.

Julian