I haven't seen it explicitly documented - my cue to add it to the Wiki I guess!

I work with XML a fair bit and, IMHO, the WWW consortium docs do a very poor
job of explaining namespaces because they make them seem much more complicated
than they are. Essentially, a tag with a namespace identifier is just another
tag i.e. treat all the characters, including the colon, as the tag name. Armed
with that knowledge I just created a second tag definition in the sample code
you posted.

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK