On 7/6/2022 1:36 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
Am 06.07.22 um 12:45 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
On 7/6/2022 12:19 PM, fv leung via ntg-context wrote:
My stupid way to get labels of different sizes:

\starttext

\startMPcode

   label("normal label", (0, 0));

   label("\setsmallbodyfont small label", (0, 18));

   label("\setbigbodyfont big label", (0, -18));

\stopMPcode

\stoptext
nothing stupid about that ... it's how i would do it

Okay. So there’s really no possibility to adapt whatever defines the label font size except defaultfontsize inbetween? Strange.

My solution so far was to split the picture and re-combine it afterwards.
well, if there would be another way you would find it strange there if that would interfere with whatever else goes into a label text because we support arbitrary tex ... no way to figure out what struts, line distances, spacing, either of not adapt to current situation, delayed vs immediate inclusion, etc ... you can't have both worlds

if course you can make some macro (or define a highlight) and use that in the labels