On 7/13/2022 10:58 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
Am 13.07.22 um 22:33 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
in mlib-int.lmt change this:

registerdirect("PageNumber",           function() return getcount("userpageno")                    end)

(beware it's there twice - i'll fix that)

btw, normally you would use RealPageNumber for such a counter

Thank you, I just replaced all occurrences of PageNumber with RealPageNumber, and it works.
This seems to have changed within the last few years, though.
Not really ... what did change was the gleu between tex - lua - mp (way more efficient and direct) and 'pageno' is some old plain thing, we have userpageno ... so user interface wise it's all the same (maybe some more actuall). What did change was the adapation to even /odd pages for which one had to do some swapping in the mp code and which is now more automatic