Hello Adam,

Why not save the document as cont.au-de.bst and use it when you write
German. When you need the English version, you simply switch back to
cont.au.bst?

The adaptations in the bst file are not many, unless you want to change
the commas and periods as well.

The only serious problem I encounter now is the language of the notes that
are printed in the bibliography.

Regards,

Robert