On 8/3/2022 4:39 PM, Denis Maier via ntg-context wrote:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ntg-context <ntg-context-boun...@ntg.nl> Im Auftrag von Hans Hagen
via ntg-context
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. August 2022 10:35
An: Denis Maier via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl>
Betreff: Re: [NTG-context] What exactly is lpath?

On 8/3/2022 9:46 AM, Denis Maier via ntg-context wrote:
Hi everyone
Just a question I've been thinking about from time to time: What exactly is
lpath? Is that ConTeXt-specific? Or something more general from Lua? I've of
course asked Google, but Lpath seems to a Python-inspired path library for
Lua unrelated to XML...
it's a bit like xpath ... a way to access arbitrary nodes in a xml tree with
lokup
and access 'patterns'

Thanks. That I do know. I was more wondering where that is coming. (My question
was probably not that clear.)
As I couldn't find more about it I guess it's ConTeXt-specific, not something
coming from the Lua ecosystem...

indeed, all lua code is written in the context perspective; we used some socket code but that was also stripped and parially redone (seemed not maintained at that time)

keep in mind that we started with luate xin 2005 so much of the lua code had to be written anyway and it also had to be pretty efficient and useable in tex; roberto had an example of a simple xml parser and for xml i started from that but by now it's quite different and way more extensive; we need to be able to handle huge files

so, no dependencies and we keep it that way

Just like Pablo, I'm from time to time reading through the xml-mkiv manual, and
I was just wondering if there other places where I can other examples or
explanations. (If it were a more general Lua thing for example...)

the test suite and x-* files ...