Hi,

I use the attached Lua function to merge array, map and mixed tables alike
(but differently! :-) The trick is to check if each key is numeric or not,
append if it is and overwrite if it isn't.

This function just ignores non-table arguments because that is what I
usually want. You may want to throw an error instead. Also it uses
table.pack. You might need to use `tab = {...}` and ipairs, or implement
pack:

``````lua
local function pack (...)
  return { n = select('#', ...), ... }