On 9/22/2022 2:23 PM, Leah Neukirchen via ntg-context wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get tikz-cd to run on LMTX and some examples already
work fine, but I had a problem with text on arrows.

To reproduce:

\usemodule[tikz]
\usetikzlibrary[cd]

\starttext
\starttikzcd
A \arrow{r}{A} \NC B \NR
\stoptikzcd
\stoptext

This builds fine on MkIV from TeXLive 2022 with LuaTeX, but on LMTX I get:

system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2022.09.11 20:44 LMTX  fmt: 2022.9.20  int:
english/english
close source    > level 2, order 63, name 'tikzlibrarycd.code.tex'
fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
tex error       > tex error on line 8 in file ./tik.tex: Package pgfkeys Error: I do not
know the key '/tikz/"{A}"{}' and I am going to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled
it.^^J...^^Jl.7 I think the culprit is a tikzcd arrow in cell 1-1

After a bunch of debugging, it turns out that LMTX breaks the TikZ 'quotes'
library, which works using code ala:

\def\tikz@enable@node@quotes{%
   \pgfkeyssetvalue{/handlers/first char syntax/the character
"}{\tikz@quote@parser}%
   \let\tikz@quotes@as\tikz@node@quotes@as%
}

The last part of the /-key is derived from \meaning, but in LMTX,
\meaning" is "the character U+0022 'quotation mark'"
and thus the key cannot be found.

I have patched TikZ for now to match for this alternate string too.

a bit weird way to test a key .. maybe you can compare to

\edef\ThatQuote{\meaning/}

using \ifx

But perhaps it would be better for compatibility to agree with the
original TeX \meaning strings for the 7-bit ASCII subset at least.

too messy when want to parse

I found another minor nit that's not really triggering a bug but still a
difference to LuaTeX: \eTeXrevision should expand to .2, but it
expands to 2 in MkIX.  There is some code out there which uses
constructions like
\number\eTeXversion\eTeXrevision
or even
\ifdim 0\XeTeXrevision pt > 0.9996pt

As LMTX doesn't care about this macro, this should be easy to adjust.
i'll add the period; btw afaikt testing for an etex version is useless because all used engines have it and there is basically only one version and there will be no follow ups