Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 05.11.2022 um 16:30:
Dear list,

using current latest (2022.10.22 11:23), I have the following sample:

   \starttext
   \doifelse{\jobname}{a}
     {yes}{no}
   \jobname

   \startluacode
   if tex.jobname == "a" then
     context("yes")
   else
     context("no")
   end
   \stopluacode
   \stoptext

I get "no" as in TeX and "yes" with Lua, being "a.tex" the source file.

The TeX conditional used to work before.

Am I missing something or have I hit a bug?

Are you sure the check worked in the past?

The content of \jobname has catcode 12 while you "a" you check against has catcode 11, and even when \jobname result in "a" they are different because the catcodes differ.

You can see the same result in the example below where the second check compares two a with different catcodes (11 and 12) while the first check has the same catcode (11) for both a's.

\starttext

\edef\A{a}
\edef\B{a}

\ifx\A\B