On 1/16/2023 3:21 AM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:

On 12/30/2022 12:40 AM, Gavin via ntg-context wrote:
Hi List,

The TikZ related module “pgfplots” is causing a fatal error in the latest
ConTeXt. Here is a MWE:

\usemodule[tikz]
\usemodule[pgfplots]                    % PGFPlots module for graphs

\starttext

\starttikzpicture
        \draw (0, 0) circle (3cm);
\stoptikzpicture

\stoptext

Without loading the pgfplots module, this draws a circle. With the
\usemodule[pgfplots] line, this has the error below before doing anything.

I don’t know when this started happening, because I don’t use pgfplots
often, but it was probably in the last couple months.

Thanks for all the great updates!
these extra modules have bad loaders ... i'll send you better ones to test

pgfplots still appears to be broken in LMTX:

\usemodule[pgfplots]

\starttext
Hello
\stoptext

gives

tex error       > tex error on line 521 in file pgfplots.code.tex: Use of
\pgfplots@command@to@string@@ doesn't match its definition
just load tikz first so that the right loader helpers are there

\usemodule[tikz]
\usemodule[pgfplots]

\starttext
Hello
\stoptext

seems to work here

loaders are in the distribution

(it makes no sense to have 2000 dedicated loader modules for all that tikz/pgf provides, )