On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 11:02 AM Otared Kavian via ntg-context
<ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Hraban for the information and the link to the article by Hans and
> Mikael about the math fonts in Lucida.
>
> I very much appreciated that article: one sees how the handling of almost
> impercebtile details in ConTeXt make us to adhere to and love LuaMetaTeX… So
> a great thank you to Hans and Mikael for all this work!
>
> Regarding the details of vertical alignment in math, I wonder whether the
> (used to define for instance a new variable) should be alos centered around
> the math axis, as explained in the article. For instance in the following
> example
>
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot,12pt]
> \starttext
> \startformula
> f(x) := -(u|x) := - \langle u, x \rangle
> \stopformula
> \stopformula
> \startformula
> f : A \longrightarrow B
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
>
> it seems to me that the lower dot (or square…) in the semicolumn of the first
> formula (in front of the equal sign) is lower than in the second formula.
>
> Best regards: Otared

Thank you for the kind words, Otared,

Regarding the colons (and other symbols with "dots"), I would say it
is still not optimal in Lucida (and difficult to make it "consistent",
there are too many symbols that are at the moment different). But in
your example you can use \colonequals and \colon if you prefer. They
are centered around the math axis.

Best, Mikael

\setupbodyfont[lucidaot,12pt]
\starttext
\startformula
f(x) := -(u|x) \colonequals - \langle u, x \rangle
\stopformula
\startformula
f : A \longrightarrow B \breakhere
f \colon A \longrightarrow B