Hans Hagen via ntg-context writes:
> On 3/21/2023 12:14 PM, Rainer J.H. Brandt via ntg-context wrote:
> > Dear Context developers,
> >
> > I want to build Context MkXL from source and use that.  I went to the
[...]
> First define 'build from source'. The lmtx (mkxl) installation can be

Building from source is the production of executables from source code
files, using the appropriate tools for the chosen type of source code,
e.g. compilers, linkers, and other build tools like GNU autotools,
make, cmake, or other build mechanisms.  With regard to complete
software packages, the process usually also takes care of moving other
support files to where they are expected at run-time.  (Coming from
LaTeX, I would expect e.g. formats, fonts, style files etc.)

> installed using an installer. If there is not one for the platform one
> uses, then one can download the cont-lmt zip and build the binary in
> /source/luametatex usign the build.sh script in there.

Thanks.  That's the first step of what I was looking for.
Using "bash build.sh", the build succeeded.

The output gives hints about what to put where.  I'll see if I can turn
it into something that resembles what you offer via the installer packages.

Thanks, Rainer