Please, can you explain why the result of lmt_outline is shifted to the right, if I use it in a macro?

"""
\setupbodyfont[ss,24pt]
\definecolor[tshade][t=.05,a=1,k=1]

\starttexdefinition MyCaption #1
\startMPcode
steps := 5 ; % number of shadow layers
rulesize := BodyFontSize/steps/3;
for step = 1 upto steps:
        draw lmt_outline [
                text = "\bf\strut #1",
                kind = "fillup",
                fillcolor = "tshade",
                rulethickness = (step*rulesize),
        ];
endfor;
draw lmt_text [
        text = "\bf\strut #1",
        %style = "bold",
        color = "white",
] yshifted (BodyFontSize*2/3); % TODO
\stopMPcode
\stoptexdefinition

\starttext

% this is OK
\startMPcode
draw lmt_outline [
        text = "\bf\strut The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.",
        kind = "fillup",
        fillcolor = "blue",
        rulethickness = 2,
];
\stopMPcode

% here the shadow gets a different offset each time –
% the longer the text, the bigger the offset

\MyCaption{The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.}

\MyCaption{Eine wunderschöne Bildunterschrift}

\MyCaption{Ein ganz anderer Text}

\stoptext
"""

BTW I recognized I need this not only for captions within images but also for the glow effect in the CCCamp23 style:
https://events.ccc.de/camp/2023/infos/styleguide.html

InDesign etc. create for stuff like this a pixel image including the background – we can do better and keep this vector-only. ;)

Hraban