(I assume you didn’t reply privately on purpose and take this back to the mailing list.)

Am 18.07.23 um 12:47 schrieb Alan Braslau:
P.S. I have not used the built-in resolution= image conversion (using gm/ImageMagik). I imagine that ConTeXt is clever enough to store the converted file so that it only need to be converted once. However, is the resolution resampled before or after size conversion in \externalfigure?

If Hans didn’t add it recently, there‘s no automatical downsampling in ConTeXt (yet), that’s why I want to do this; the resolution parameter is apparently never used.

Hraban