Am 30.07.23 um 14:46 schrieb Hans Hagen:
On 7/30/2023 2:37 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
Hi again,

I’m reading through the details manual and set up some figures as sidefloats that are offset to the margin. This works well.

Now I’d like to have their captions in the margin, below the figure.
If I set location=innermargin, then the caption is beside the image, i.e. somewhere at the edge. If I don’t, I can’t get it to move to the left edge of the image.

How can I do that?
see mikaels bachotex presentation

Well, sorry, but it doesn’t cover my case.

It shows:
* \textwidth floats with caption in the margin
* margin floats with caption below
* \textwidth + margin with caption above or below

but not: side float e.g. 2/3 \textwidth, moved into the margin, text flowing around, caption in the margin below the image.

It seems like sidefloat and the desired caption placement exclude each other.

Must I resolve to layer trickery?

Hraban