Thanks Hans!

I'm never disappointed, always amazed with ConTeXt!

This is just what I was looking for.

Best Wishes

Keith McKay

On 01/08/2023 18:10, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
On 8/1/2023 4:54 PM, Keith McKay wrote:
Hi colleagues,

Is there a tracker for highlighting hyphens at the end of lines similar the way underfull and overfull boxes can be displayed with a coloured bar at the end of the offending line?

I have looked at the wiki page "Reviewing hyphenation" and it has a solution for mkii from 2009 which, I would think, won't be suitable  for present day ConTeXt. I have tried searching for hyphens using Skim and Adobe Acrobate viewers but although they find hyphenation in line they don't recognise hyphens at the edge of lines.

Any help would be appreciated.
I suppose you would be disappointed it there was no tracker ...

\enabletrackers[hyphenation.applied.console]
\enabletrackers[hyphenation.applied.visualize]

you even get a file with the hyphenated words

You can see all of them with

\disabledirectives[backend.cleanup.flatten]
\bitwiseflip \normalizelinemode -\flattendiscretionariesnormalizecode
\showmakeup[discretionary]

weren't it that i had to provide the directive for this to work well (disbale flattening) so for that you have to wait till we update