On Aug 12, 2023, 4:20 PM -0600, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl>, wrote:

> btw, no need for squeezine as there are virtual commands for scaling; not for
> rotating

From your original CLD template:

local function topthing(characters,target,base,accent)
--    if not characters[target] then
        local data1 = characters[base]
        local data2 = characters[accent]
        if data1 and data2 then
            characters[target] = { -- "Ḥ"
                height   = (data1.height or 0) + 0.5*(data2.height or 0),
                depth    = data1.depth,
                width    = data1.width,
                unicode  = target,
                commands = {
                    { "slot", 0, 0x048 },
                    { "left", 0.5*(data2.width  or 0) + 0.5*(data1.width  or 0)
},
                    { "up",   0.5*(data2.height or 0) },
                    { "slot", 0, 0x2D9, },
                },
            }
        end
--    end
end

What are the virtual commands for scaling? Can they be added under "commands ="
in the above? Or will that have to go under another local function?

Of course, we may still have to insert the \symbol's for rotation, so perhaps
better to stick with \symbol's for scaling as well (you know best).

Now that the \symbol's for the glottals have been defined with your second
template, I need to figure out where/how to plug them into the CLD based on
your first template.

Best wishes
Idris
--