Xavier B. schrieb am 14.08.2023 um 23:24:
Thanks, Rik, for the comment. You're right.
Note that I've never been aware of such requirement because always in MKIV I
use \head without \par.

You have empty lines in your document which have the same effect as \par.

Commands (e.g. descriptions) which end with the end of the paragraph had always been problematic and it's better to use the alternative environment.

@all, please comment it out this behaviour in somewhere. The weak point of
context is documentation: wiki is too bit not updated and reference manual are
outdated. As a simple user, it could cause nightmares, overall in transition to
one major version to another.

All of the changes I mentioned are things which have been changed/added a long time ago and you're just a decade too late ;)

Wolfgang