      öäü and ß comes wrong
3.  \enableregime[win]
    \definecharacter ssharp 255
   äöü is working; ß is shown as SS
   \ssharp results in ß
4. \enableregime[il1]
    \definecharacter ssharp 255
   äöü are wrong; ß is shown as ß

5. and completely strage: using \ss in the text changes from there on to the font LMSans12! And there ß and öäü is working.

I really have to state that I don't understand the font font handling completely but I think some things changed here in the last time.

I hope that anybody can give me a hint how to use fonts (especially that ones from the latex-hfbright package)

Wolfgang

Mojca Miklavec schrieb:

Wolfgang Zillig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

i have some problems with an selfcreated typescriptfile. Until one of
the last context-updates everythin works fine. The font I use is from
the hfbright package (the hfbright package is a free version of the
cmbright font) but when I created that typescript I did't relalize that
a full font package was available and I renamed the fonts (therefore I
will not provide that ugly typescript file here). I don't know what has
changed but the german ß is not working any more. I use as font encoding
ec and as regime win.

I'm a bit confused where exactly my problem lies: either the encoding is
wrong, but I do't know which one is right because in the latex package
hfbright the encoding is called OT1. Has anyone an idea how to fix this
problem or can anyone help me to set up a context module like the
hfbright-module?

Many thanks

Wolfgang

Out of curiosity: what happens if you add the following line somewhere
after the definition of encoding and after font switching?

   \definecharacter ssharp 25

Also try to test a word like "bi\ssharp chen" (this should prevent
problems with input regime).

If this works, it's necessary to add support for OT1 (if this is not
already default), see
http://source.contextgarden.net/enco-ec.tex for example.

Ec is not supposed to work properly (in LaTeX it's known under the
name T1), texnansi also has other character positions, but ssharp
could work there.

Mojca