Hi Hans,

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am going through them carefully.

> - in mp you can do this
>
> vardef theglobe(expr lat, lon) =
>    for i = 1 upto lua.mp.makeglobe(lat, lon):
>        (lua.mp.getglobepath(i)) &&&&
>    endfor
>    cycle
> enddef ;

Does "&&&&" allow a disconnected path? I haven’t seen "&&&&" or a disconnected
path before.

Also, we do have a strange artifact, at least when I run this code. There is a
line running across Brazil:

I only got the line for (23,0), not for other latitude and longitude. I’m not
sure what caused that. The code for cutting and mending paths that cross the
horizon is tricky. I’m not sure how it will interact with "&&&&" and “cycle"
connecting everything.

Gavin

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /