Hans Hagen wrote:
Adam Duck wrote:

Eckhart Guthöhrlein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Am Sonntag, den 14.08.2005, 17:17 +0200 schrieb Adam Duck:

- how do I set the spacing between a vertical line (between two
 columns) and the text inside that columns?  I already used
 "framedoffest=-3pt", but the output is unacceptable.

Spacing is a weak point of natural tables. Afaik, there is no good way
to tune spacing. I would try using dummy colums like
\bTD[width=1em]\eTD.

OK, That sounds reasonable.  I'll try that.  On the other hand this
means many \bTD<something>\eTD ... but one can write a macro for that,
I think.
a next release will support:
\input core-ntb-new.tex

\starttext

\showframe

\setupTABLE[c][1][distance=2em]
\setupTABLE[c][2][distance=3em]

I was looking for core-ntb-new.tex or 'distance' in current beta core-ntb.tex but have not been successful. Please, where I can find it?

Thanks
Vit

\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD test \eTD  \bTD test \eTD  \bTD test \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD[nx=2] test \eTD  \bTD test \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD test \eTD  \bTD[nx=2] test \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

\bTABLE[option=stretch]