On 13 Jan 2024, at 20:29, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:

> Am 13.01.24 um 21:09 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
>>> Here’s the image:
>>> https://yemaya.fiee.net/s/8TqwfcP7mLMmy9p
>>> (In a simple document it works.)
>> I found a workaround: I opened the file with Inkscape and converted
>> everything in curves. The PDF is even smaller now, and it proves that the
>> problem was with the fonts. Saving it in Acrobat Pro didn’t help.
>> BTW the "compact" settings didn’t change anything for my big songbook
>> (hundreds of note line PDFs with included fonts); I’m not sure about the
>> code examples in my ConTeXt book.
>
> I found more graphics (PDFs with included fonts) that triggered the error,
> one of them a LilyPond example that was no problem in the songbook.
> Something in my ConTeXt book setup causes a different handling of these
> externalfigures – but a small example with the same environments worked.

Whenever I've had odd results like this it's been the result of an accumulation
of 'small' errors. For example, I once had a missing } in a macro in an
environment file. For whatever reason, it didn't trigger an immediate end to
the compilation run and a product with one or two components (using that
environment) didn't trigger odd behaviour. But once all components were
included then the odd behaviours started happening.

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /