Am 26.01.24 um 23:46 schrieb jbf:
I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction for a separate TOC which needs to be in chronological order at the back of the book (i.e. not in page number order, although I need the page numbers to show up in the TOC. There is the normal TOC at the front of the book, according to chapter titles.

I have succeeded in defining a separate TOC to place at the back, but have not succeeded in the chronological order! Here is what I have done:

\definelist[chron][criterium=all,alternative=c]

At the back of the book:

\placelist[chron][criterium=all]

Then at an appropriate point after each \startchapter I have placed (as an example):

\writetolist[chron]{}{{\bf 29 April 2017,} Speech, Panama City}

This gives me my list, but in page number order. How do I get the date (e.g. 29 April 2017) to be the ordering factor in the list. I assume it will be something to do with criterium, but am clueless at the moment on how to indicate this.

I don’t know if it works this way (the wizards will know a way), but for special needs I’m (ab)using indexes: just add something like \index[2017-04-29]{Speech, Panama City} to your chapter command and setup the index at will.

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /