> On 7 Feb 2024, at 03:47, Joel via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> I have an extensive multi-book project. Each book has a nickname, like TB for
> "Textbook", "WB 1" for the "Workbook, Vol. 1":
>
> TB -- 01_textbook.tex
> WB 1 -- 03_workbook.tex
> WB 2 -- 04_workbook.tex
> WB 3 -- 05_workbook.tex
> WB 4 -- 06_workbook.tex
> TG -- 08_teachersguide.tex
>
> I have to prove to a government agency that the content meets several
> requirements, so I'm giving them a simple file that says something like
> "Requirement A is met in TB, "Cats", p. 11" basically letting the reader know
> its in the textbook, section called "Cats", on p. 11. To mark the pages, I'm
> simply dropping in macros called "\requirementA" "\requirementB" on whichever
> page of whichever book demonstrates it meets the requirement, then the file
> will aquatically list the book, section, and page number by searching for
> that macro.

[snip]

> Here is a sample message what the output should give:
>
> "Requirement A is met in WB 3, "Bears", p. 33."

Taking you literally in that you want a *file* listing the occurences and not a
typeset page listing the occurrences then you could try using the following in
your document at the places where you currently put \requirementA etc:

\writestatus{RequirementMet}{Requirement A is met in section
\fetchmark[section][current], p. \pagenumber}

This will write the current section title and page number to the console
listing, prefixed by the word "RequirementMet". To produce the file for your
customer all you have to do is filter these lines out of the .log file that is
produced when you compile your book. In Unix-like systems that is a simple:
grep RequirementMet file.log

Regards,
—
Bruce Horrocks