Hi all,

I am happy to share one way to get "pull quotes between two columns"
(in a three columns layout).

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/images/5/50/context_3columns_layout.pdf

It's not based on Columns / ColumnSet / Page Columns.
It just combines \startuseMPgraphic + build_parshape + \framed +
\getshapetext (and several precautions regarding offsets, thicknesses,
spacings, dimensions, box positioning...)

It's not used in this case, but I discovered that \placelocalfootnotes and \reference \at \in etc... are fully functional with \getshapetext
:-)

The resulting layout isn't as complex as a newspaper, but a lot can be
done (at the cost of some investment, but really, it's not that hard).

LuaMetaTeX is definitely fun and pretty.
Thanks devs and community.

=====> One question <=====

Would it be possible to define several shapetex like \startshapetex[NAME1], \startshapetex[NAME2], in order to alternate the use of \getshapetext[NAME1] and \getshapetext[NAME2]
because currently only one can be active at a time ?

Garulfo

2 years ago...