Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
Hello,

when I add \hyphenation{Voll-stön-dig-keit} into my tex file I get the following error:

(C:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-utf.tex
)
! Not a letter.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@adiaeresis ->\char 228
\utfunihashglyph ...r \utfdiv {#1}}{#1}\endcsname
                                                 \fi
<inserted text> Voll-stä
                        n-dig-keit
\hyphenation ...malhyphenation {\the \scratchtoks
                                                 }\endgroup
l.118 \hyphenation{Voll-stän-dig-keit}
                                     ?

Any ideas?

Perhaps your input is latin1, only pretending to be utf-8.
In a latin-1 text editor, it should look like this:

  \hyphenation{Voll-stän-dig-keit}

But this sort of stuff is tricky to get right in e-mail,
and I am just guessing. What I tried is attached, and that
worked for me.

Cheers, Taco