Hans Hagen wrote:
Vit Zyka wrote:

Hans Hagen wrote:

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Hans Hagen wrote:

Vit Zyka wrote:

Dear Metafun Wizards,

I have noticed some strange behaviour with box shading. It works OK until some number of shadings. Please see example:
  http://typokvitek.com/tmp/shade-many.pdf
Any idea for solving? Next not-minimal but small and illustrative example can help.

works ok here; since it concerns independent mp runs, i cannot imagine what goes wrong; mayeb a bad random numer; does your log say something?

My results are the same as Vit's example: The last 9 items are
not shaded but have 3 black sides and 1 white one
(with \write18 disabled, using a single \jobname-mpgraph.mp)

I don't know what is going, but at least I can reproduce the problem.

it's related to the fact that there can be 1000 specials only (this /1000 in mp-spec)

if you add:

\def\MPrgbnumber#1{\expandafter\doMPrgbnumber#10000.00000\relax}
\def\doMPrgbnumber#1.#2#3#4#5#6\relax{#2#3#4#5}

\startMPinclusions
_special_div_ := 10000 ;
\stopMPinclusions

to the file, and change all 1000's in mp-spec.tex into _special_div_ it works ok; so, the question (for taco is): does mp have the right

Really? Hmmm, not for me. I have got the graphics with flat color per picture; every picture in the sequence has lighter and lighter color (starting from black). (After performing your instructions in the mp-spec.mp and refreshing metafun.mem.)

can you try the experimental zip i posted yesterday (.../temp/cont-tmf.zip)
forget about the definitions, just set \settrue \manyMPspecials in your file

should work

> Hans

yes, it works!

Now it works even on my old distrib also. Seems the crutial line was
inside this vardef:

vardef add_special_signal = % write the version number
  if (length _global_specials_ <> 0) or (length _local_specials_ <> 0) :
special ("%%MetaPostSpecials: 2.0 " & decimal _special_signal_ & " " & decimal _special_div_) ;
  fi ;
enddef ;

Again many thanks, Hans
Vit