Adam Lindsay wrote:

I tried to run texfont demofont.dat, but failed.
First off, Hans, am I missing a runtools.rb? I can't find it.
indeed, i need to add that one to the zip (i'll send you a copy)

Secondly, I think the current demofont.dat has a bug because it triggers
an obscure texfont filtering feature. I changed the comments at the head
of the file to work around it:

# we assume that demofont.afm and demofont.pfb are present
# run with:
# texfont demofont.dat
interesting -)

Okay, another couple hacks to cross further hurdles:

The top of my mfonts.tex now looks like:

\preloadtypescripts           % I wanted to speed things up a bit!
ah, i have that one in my cont-sys.tex

\startnotmode[atpragma]
\startMPenvironment[global]
                             % Current bug in distribution
\definefontsynonym [LMSans-Italic] [LMSans-Oblique]
\definefontsynonym [LMSans-BoldItalic] [LMSans-BoldOblique]
                             % lucida gets called all over the place
\definetypescriptsynonym [lucida] [palatino]
\usetypescript[adobekb][8r,ec]
\stopMPenvironment
\stopnotmode

ok

\usetypescriptfile [type-buy]
\usetypescriptfile [typeface]

\environment ../allkind/mcommon.tex

already fixed

... That much ought to fix the main body (though with the synonyms and
substitutions, the fonts it mentions in the text are not always going to
match the actual fonts used now!)

Go down a little bit, and you'll see the title page font set:

\startnotmode[atpragma]

 \startMPenvironment[global]
   \usetypescript[handwriting,map][lucida][texnansi]
   \definefontsynonym[TitlePage-Bold][LucidaHandwriting-Italic]
   %usetypescript[calligraphy,map][chancery][texnansi]
   %definefontsynonym[TitlePage-Bold][Chancery]
% ...

comment out the lucida lines, and uncomment the chancery lines, and you
should be in business for a full run!
i'll upload a patched style,