My last e-mail has probably get lost so I'm trying once more...
Could anybody give me some clue, please?

Many thanks,
Richard

From: Richard Gabriel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sent: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:18:56 +0100
Subject: enco-pfr.tex - support for Adobe Acrobat

Hello Hans, Taco and others!

I would like to know how the "enco-pfr.tex" module works and how to properly use it.
Besides of other languages, I also typeset documents in Czech. The search doesn't work (in recent Acrobat 7.0.5) for particular Czech letters (e.g. č,ž etc.). If I try to search for a simple letter (e.g. "č") it stops on every word containing "č", but also "c". If I try to search for a whole word (e.g. "počítač"), nothing is found. :-)

So I tried:

\input enco-pfr
\useencoding[pfr]
\startencoding [ec]
\usepdffontresource ec
\stopencoding
\setupbodyfont[lbr]% I have typescripts for Lucida Bright fonts, the Czech is typeset OK
\starttext
A testing Czech sentence follows:
Příliš žluťoučký kůň úpěl ďábelské ódy.
\stoptext

Later I've found out that:
- \input enco-pfr
is already done in context.tex
- \startencoding [ec] \usepdffontresource ec \stopencoding
is already done at the bottom of enco-pfr.tex
- so it seems that the only command I should issue is:
\useencoding[pfr]

BTW, in the Czech format (cont-cz.tex), I have defined:
\setupencoding[default=ec]
Doesn't it collide with the \useencoding[pfr] command later in the document?

ANY GUESS?

Note: The ligatures work OK even if I don't use the \useencoding[pfr] command at all.

Thanks to all,
Richard