Hi,

David Arnold wrote:
I'm wondering. If one is starting anew with Context, what would users recommend as the best choice of table environment?
I think it really depends on the type of table you need. For something with a simple layout like vocabulary or address lists I would use tabulate, for complex layouts with columns/rows spanning several cells I would use the HTML-like TABLE. table(s) falls in somewhere inbetween - more flexible than tabulate but less than TABLE. (I think one should go rather for tabulate/TABLE than for table(s), but others may disagree.)

For "line tables" the sourcefile already tells that "it provides a mechanism for typesetting very large tables spanning many pages horizontally and vertically", which is "experimental, undocumented". (Only) if you have a table which spans _horizontal_ several pages you should have a look.

Tobias