On Wednesday, January 4, 2006, at 10:12  AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

Randolph Bertin wrote:

On Wednesday, January 4, 2006, at 05:00  AM, Hans wrote:

you can move the graphic with:

\starttext

\hangsidefloat[3] \placefigure[left]{}{} \input zapf \input zapf \input zapf

\movesidefloat[3*line] \placefigure[left]{}{} \input zapf \input zapf
\input zapf

\stoptext

this is still page bound

\movesidefloat[x=10pt,y=-30pt]

also works, as does:

\placefigure[left,3*line]{}{} \input zapf \input zapf \input zapf

and in the next version:

\placefigure[left,3*hang]{}{} \input zapf \input zapf \input zapf

will work as well (i cannot post a patch because i first need to upload
the version with the french interface)

Hans

I tried all of the above examples, but all end up with the same result I already have, namely,

that's intended (ok, you can play with the hang to force a graphic to a next page but then you hav esemi automated makeup)

if there is not enough room to fit the figure (in my project, this is an image) on the current page, a page break is issued (leaving the bottom portion of the page blank). What I would like to happen, is to go ahead and begin the next paragraph to fill the current page, and then place the graphic on the subsequent page (with text to the >> side).

that's what the attached file was doing ... keep in mind that this really stretches tex to the limits

Hans, I'm not sure what you mean by attached file. Are you referring to the examples above?

Maybe I am asking the question in the wrong way.

First, I want to make sure that the behavior I am observing is what one would expect: Namely, if there is not enough room on a page, \placefloat will *continue setting text on that page* and then put the float at the beginning of the next page. But, for \placefigure if there is not enough room on a page it will *issue a page break* and begin a new page with with figure, leaving the remainder of the previous page blank.

Is there a way to get wrapped around a figure placed using \placefloat?

Randolph