Hans,

This is pretty good!

But yes, I know that I can get some separation with:

\definecombination[twoformulas][location=top,align=middle,distance=1cm]

But, as you noted in another post, is there a way to use the full spread of the page where each of these maths are centered in their respective half of the page?

wikiable:

\definecombination[twoformulas][location=top,align=middle]

\startalignment[middle] \dontleavehmode \startcombination [twoformulas][2*1]
   {\getbuffer[1]} {}
   {\getbuffer[2]} {}
\stopcombination \stopalignment

\def\StartTwo{\startalignment[middle] \dontleavehmode \startcombination[twoformulas][2*1]}
\def\StopTwo {\stopcombination \stopalignment}]

\StartTwo
 {\getbuffer[1]} {}
 {\getbuffer[2]} {}
\StopTwo