On Jan 22, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

E.g. if I install the Junicode fonts with texfont, the t5 table is half empty. If I create the AFMs with FontForge, it's mostly filled, but I get some of the glyph ... not found' warnings, i.e. it can access some more characters, but still not all.
But *all* of the characters should be there (they *are* in the font!).
'dcroat' (striked-through d) is a typical case.

Please, any of the wizards, what can we do?

OK, this may not be of much help, but I just converted GenR102.TTF to pfb via fontforge, and now the font correctly picks up the dcroat glyph. I mus admit I had similar situations in the past where simply regenerating the font would solve mysterious problems, so I shrugged my shoulders and did what a man must do. I think the new Gentium license allows for this conversion, and the LaTeX people will be distributing pfbs anyway, so why not convert to pfb (which is easier for TeX to use anyway?)

Best

Thomas